Always In Our Hearts

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Loveline

Some dogs are big on tracing their bloodline. I'm not one of those dogs. If you were sired by an AKC champion ball fetcher, that's great! Celebrate your heritage! What I am most interested in tracing (and sharing with all of you) is my loveline. That's right. I'm not talking about a dating service here, but the lineage of Airelove that led my hooman girl to adopt me out of all the adoptable dogs in the world. Just how did I get here?

I used to think it was just my irresistible charm & fetching good looks ...


But actually, I owe a debt of gratitude to a venerable Airedale named Rascal Unique. He is where my girl's love of Airedales started, and my loveline begins. One of her best friends adopted him at about the same time she moved to town. Rascal was six at the time. That was almost seven years ago. (We had to dip into the photo archives for some of these pics - excuse the quality).

Rascal was a very laid back Airedale sage (with a Pooh Bear fetish).


After knowing the love of a good Aireboy like Rascal, she decided to adopt a saucey Airegirl named Rosie for herself (through Airedale Rescue). Rosie was six years old when she came to live with my hooman girl and they were like peas and carrots. She had never seen a dog with more attitude!


Rosie in her state of extra fuzziness.


Rosie's favorite wig. (Don't ask).

Well, Rosie was aching for a brother, and just as my girl was about to contact Airedale Rescue to see who was up for adoption, they contacted her! They had a 5 year old Aireboy who had been abused by his former people and needed a home quick. It didn't take much for my girl to fall in love with him, and she named him Bert. (From what I hear, he never knew his original name anyway, and responded to the name Bert like that had been his name forever and he was just waiting for someone else to finally figure that out).


Bert was a sweet Aireboy with a very old soul.


Rosie and Bert went everywhere with my girl, and they became the stuff of legend in the neighborhood. To give you an idea of just how tight Rosie & Bert were, here's one of their family photos. (Bert's on the left & Rosie's on the right).


Sadly, Rascal and Bert went to the Rainbow Bridge at the ripe old ages of ten and eleven, and it broke my girl's heart. But the biggest break she would face came just a few months ago back in February when her Rosie Girl made her own trip to that bridge at the age of twelve.

That's where I come in.

My girl never thought she'd ever have a young pup like me, but I'm going to make her proud she chose me to be hers. I'm fourth in this loveline, and no Airelove is going to be lost on my watch! So, even though I'm busy ruling my own country, my main purpose in life is to rule my hooman girl's heart. (The love fest began the minute we met and it's going strong). Thanks Airedale Rescue!

Full of Goober Love,
Stanley

18 comments:

Boo Casanova said...

ah stanley, you are so loved by your girl. your brother and sister too. i'm sure you gonna enjoy the rest of your life with your girl. are you getting a company??

wet wet licks

Boo

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Aw Stan, that's a lovely post. I can't see a couple of the photos at the moment so will try later. I'm sure you are very firmly wedged in your mum's heart already.

Licks
Oscar x

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Aw Stan, that's a lovely post. I can't see a couple of the photos at the moment so will try later. I'm sure you are very firmly wedged in your mum's heart already.

Licks
Oscar x

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Oooh, now I can see all the photos. Tsk, us Airedales - no patience!

They are beautiful pictures!

Licks
Oscar x

Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Stanley - That is a great story. You are one lucky boy...and she is one lucky girl to have such a great Aireboy like you!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Molly the Airedale said...

What an awesome story!
Thanks for sharing it Stanley and thanks for the kong link!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Faya said...

Oh what a nice story... thank you for sharing it with us...
Kiss, Faya

Asta said...

That is one of the mostestest bootifullest love stories I've ever heard,and Mommie agrees(and boy she's read a lot of them , plus has one with me and my Daddy)
You and your Hooman are very lucky Stanley..there's nothing as good as a true heart in this world...The photos are so special too..I'm sending you my love too
smoochie kisses Asta

Peanut said...

That is a lovely story. I am glad you can carry on the loveline.

Maggie said...

ooooh i wish my mom was nice , then we could get along more

Putter said...

Hi Stanley!

This is very sweet:) My guess is that your Mum loves you like no other and always will:) I will talk to you soonest.

Your Friend,

Putter ...:)

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hi Stanley, you really are a very sweet looking doggie. I know your humans would love you very much


~ Girl girl

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Hey there Stan!
I'm betting since your mum has all kinds of experiences with Dales that you can't get away with ANYTHING!
Nice story!
Mum had an ADT when she was growing up & so since she was practically RAISED by an ADT, she decided to get me!
AireLICKS!
Liberty

Joe Stains said...

this is such a happy and sad post. we are so glad you and your girl are together!!!!

Sophie Brador said...

Stanley, You are one handsome Goober of a dog. I'll just bet you are the best of the bunh.

Sunshade said...

Oh Stanley, we LOVED that post!!! My mum said I'm like your mom's Rosie to her, whatever that means - heart dog maybe??

Welcome to bloggerland!!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Allegra the Airedale! said...

Stanley,

Momma wants a rescue airedale for me too!! That was her original plan before she got me, but no one had one for her to adopt....She's still looking for an older brother/ sister for me to have. I think that would be fun. Then I can play bitey-face like Maggie and Mitch...

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Ahhhhhh, what a nice story. J x