Always In Our Hearts

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goober Spy

This here is one of my best friends, Bob T. Bear, esq. He's from England, he's crazy about underwear of all kinds but especially blue ones (he calls them pants), and he's a spy bear. If you go over to meet him, just don't ask him who he is spying for, because, if in a moment of weakness he tells you, then he'll have to kill you. And he knows karate. Seriously.




Bob knows that I'm totally into spy stuff, and I like bears, and I like goobers, so just before Christmas Stella & I received this package from Bob.





Seeing as how I am the expert package-opener of the family, I commenced with the opening.





I work through it in stages. Now that it's open I gently coax the contents from inside the package to come out.





There was a mini package inside the big one.





After checking for booby traps (See? I read spy novels.) We opened it up.





Stella wanted to get in on at least some of the package-opening (she's still in training).






Look what was inside!!! It's a little bear, with a tag on him that said he's a Mini Goober!






I can tell from Bob's descriptions of spy bears, that this Mini Goob is definitely a spy! He has 1 ear that faces forward, and 1 ear that faces backward. (That's the mark of the spy bear.) On Bob's blog you can find all kinds of information for the bear novice like how to tell your bear is real, and stuff like that.






BOB!! Thank you for the Mini Goober Spy! He is a FABULOUS addition to our family! We are honored you chose to entrust him to us! By the way, I was very enamored with the card you sent.






At one point I was seriously considering eating it, but my girl rescued it from my drool of death. Once I settled down to reading it, I'm very glad I did. (The Bear helped me decipher your Bear English.)






Here's what Bob said in the card: "To Stanley an all de famly. This is colld a "Mini Goober". I bort him for yu all in Norfolk. Luv from Bob T. Bear esq."




Bob, we willl always cherish our little goober spy, and we will make sure he knows that you are the one who arranged for us to adopt him from the Bear Adoption Center in Norfolk. By the way, did he tell you what his name is? He's still deep into spy mode and hasn't been willing to tell us yet.





Anyone out there with a name suggestion for our Mini Goober spy bear, please let us know. We're at a bit of a loss!





Goober love,
Stanley


25 comments:

Asta said...

Dawlingest Stanley and Stella
My sweets..what an honow..A mini goobew and he's a spy like Bob...you know vewy few mini goobews awe out thewe..I specially liked the caweful spy methods you used to open youw pawcel..cleawly , you have had advanced twaining..
how about Beaw..James Beaw, hehehe
I'm notvewy good at names but you get the pictoowe of what I mean wight?
I'm studying Mommi's mystewy books so I can be a mastew spy too
smoochiest of kisses
youw FB....ASTAWONI-FB

Princess Patches said...

What a great addition to the Goober family! Penny must be a spy too...she twitches her ears to whatever direction a sound is coming from. She keeps them that way until the noise stops. Do you think that might be another sign of a spy?

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Noah the Airedale said...

How about Marta Beary. It could be a girl ya know.

tailwags
Noah

Gus said...

I like Asta's name suggestion.

gussie

Patience-please said...

Double OH Goo Bear?

wags from the whippets

The Black and Tans. said...

HI Stanley

Wow a spy bear now lives in Gooberstan! What a brilliant present from Bob T Bear esq.

We were wondering about the name George, as in George Smiley, in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier. Spy!!

Molly.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Stan!
I agree... James Bear sounds good!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Stanley,

I have to confess that I am a major turd burgler.

xxx Asta (Oz)

Molly the Airedale said...

We're still laughing at the first picture of Bob with his underpants on his head! hehehehe
What a nice pressie from Bob! Little Goober is just adorable! BTW, we stink in the naming department so we'll leave that up to you, Stanley!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Petra said...

Whatever you call him, he's already a Goober! Bob sure picked out a great present for you!

Hollie and Janie said...

You are so lucky to have your very own spy bear! You are so good at opening packages and checking things as you go!!
Love,
Janie

Koobuss said...

What a great gift! That Bob T. Bear is a real nice guy. But I never knew he was a spy. I guess we're not supposed to know that. He would have trouble being a spy if everyone knew he was a spy. Right?

Sorry I don't have any name suggestions for you, but i will work on it.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Simba and Jazzi said...

I'm finally back from rehab and blogging again. Happy new year.

Simba x

Anonymous said...

Call him Loretta!

xo
SB

Deetz said...

You look so cool holding your new goober bear, Stanley. Hi Stella. I wanted to let you know I got your Christmas Card and I was so excited when I saw your cute faces. Thank you for the picture. Its on my refrigerator now and I can look at it everyday. My daddy has a crush on Stella...he kept going...look at that doggie, she is sooooo cute. I already knew that.
Deetzy

Persephone and Buster said...

bond-bear.....
james goober-spy-bond-bear

he is cute.
theBUSTER

Agatha and Archie said...

Wellwellwell this can certainly come in handy having a goober spy amongt our midst.Oh the things that he can help us with..Now as for a name..Has he been drinking martinis? If so then James Bear is quite fitting..Love A+A

Joe Stains said...

Joey is a great name... LOL. What about Bear, James Bear.

Clover said...

Hi Stan and Stella!
What a pawesome pressie from Bob!! I LOVE that picture of him with the underpants on his head. :)
I agree with Asta's name suggestion too!!
Love Clover xo
P.S. Yes, I do like to sit on humans' shoulders! And if they are lying down I sleep on their neck.

Mack said...

Maybe if you tickle him real good on his tummy he will tell you his name!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

hmmmm! The present from Bob was just wonderful, I will have to give this naming of him, so long and Marvinious Thought.

A period of cogitating is in order methinks.

Also I like any man, bear or dog, who is not afraid to put his pants on his head. Well, as long as they are clean of course!

oh I have just had an idea for a name. Ok, well thinking of James Bond (btw James Bear is excellent to be honest), I then thought about Goldfinger.

So your Mini Goober Spy Bear could be named in the style of the James Bond Goldfinger film and book.

"GOOBERFINGER".

I think I must leave now - this has totally worn me out.

love and licks, Marvin xxxxxxxxx

Stanislaw said...

I think he should be named Lieutenant Commander Sherlock Baker Street, Ph.D.

It just rolls off the tongue. Or maybe he just rolls off your tongue?

Dexter said...

I think you might want to check inside that goober bear to make sure he doesn't have any devices. Its one thing to be a spy, but you don't want him spying on you.

Your package opening technique is amazing.

Slobbers,
Mango

wally said...

I was not familiar with Bob T. Bear but OHMYDOG is he awesome and in spite of what Stephen Colbert tells me about bears, I think I love him. And his nose appears to be an Irish flag. Curious.

wally t.

Sharon said...

I just love Bob T Bear. That is such a cool present! A spy Bear. How about this name: S.A. Bear? (S.A.= Secret Agent)

Barklove,
Rusty