Always In Our Hearts

Saturday, June 2, 2007

My New Boy Toy

My girl went out for a few hours today. When she came back I was hoping she at least remembered to bring me something to chew on, and she did! She brought me a new boy toy. Here he is.

His name is Zevon, but I like to call him ZZ.

He is a homeless Aireboy who is going to bunk with me until we can find him his real home. While he is much more mature than I am (he's 2 years old), and not nearly the goober I am, he is still somewhat...



Gooberesque.


We immediately hit it off (not something that always happens with a new roomie), and play-fought each other far into the night. My hooman girl had to physically separate us so we could get some shut-eye.


Here are a few video clips of our exploits...


Notice how I do all the work while ZZ cooly surveys my fighting prowess.




This is what I call my VHS combination move. It stands for Vogue, Hump, and Shove.





This next clip is of really poor quality (my girl's still learning), but if you watch carefully you'll see my double drop and roll move. (The hyena-like laughter you hear in the background is, of course, my girl).





In this clip ZZ sounds like an alien from another galaxy (a little reminiscent of Chewbacca). I am the lazy one putting my fighting moves on ZZ from the supine position.


Finally, this is ZZ and I getting in one last fighting romp before the girl forces us to our separate corners for the night.




Of course, I want ZZ to stick around in GooberStan as long as possible, but deep down I know he's wanting to be with HIS OWN FAMILY as soon as possible. If you are interested in adopting ZZ (Zevon), or want to find out more about other Airedales who are looking for their forever homes, check out Airedale Terrier Rescue & Adoption (ATRA). There are plenty of furry faces out there to go around.



Love,


Stanley & ZZ (the boy toy)

21 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG your mom bring home good toys - and not the squeaky or eating kind! You guys are getting along swell! I'm thrilled for you Stanley! Welcome Zevon! I hope you enjoy your stay at Stanley's house!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey, what neat toys you get! Sadly I'm strictly a one dog kind of guy and I don't believe in sharing. Good job really otherwise we'd have about 20 WFTs here. I hope ZZ finds a lovely forever home soon. In the meantime, I'm sure he'll have lots of fun with you. J X

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow...that's the bestest present ever Stanley!!!! ZZ looks really cool and it looks like you guys had TONS of fun. Hope he gets to stay for a long while so you can play!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

PS - you should let ZZ blog every now and than!

Bogart H. Devil said...

Aw... wish I could have one of those!!! Welcome Zevon!

Love,
Bogart

Koobuss said...

Hi Stan,

My name is Koobuss and I have been eager to meet you. I saw your pictures on your blog and you are quite a handsome dude. I also love your name.

It's nice that you have a new dog toy to play with. Zevon looks great. You are very lucky, Stanley. All I have are humans. While they are not as good as dogs, they'll do until something better comes along.

Hello Zevon. Good luck to you.

Lots of Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Cricket Louise said...

Oh Stanley, my Stanley...where for art thou my Stanley. It's me...little Cricket Louise, a dogsel in distress. I'm stuck over on Dogster.com and have tried to reach your kingdom all to no avail, or with little information and I'm stuck. Please save me!!

Putter said...

WOW Stanley! That is one great toy your Mom brought back! I have never gotten anything actually living before! Do you think maybe ZZ can stay? It looks like you two are having serious fun! I will talk to you soon, okay?

Your Friend,

Putter ...:)

Joe Stains said...

omdog you guys look like you are having so much fun. I need to study these videos and learn your moves.

Maggie said...

your mom shure does fing good toys ... he looks sooo real ..... ooh wait , he is :P my mom is being soooo lazy , she needs to help me post sumpin , NOW !!!i do counter surf , ill post pic's ASAP
~magggzz~

Sophie Brador said...

Aw Stan, That is so cool. Any chance your girl will weaken and let you keep ZZ forever?

As for Charlot, the next door neighbour bouvier ... no romance there. But I have a very healthy respect for him, and his Walrus. I never touch his Walrus.

wally said...

Hi Stan! Wow. You're really nice to let that toy into your house. I'm very possessive of my house. The only toys I let in are ones that squeak and let me shake them vigorously. I don't play as nice as you (I do admire your hump and shove move, though).

wally.

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wowie Stanley, I am soooo jealous that you have a friend to stay. You are very lucky, and hopefully ZZ will soon find a brilliant forever home. In the meantime I know he'll have a blast with you!

Licks
Oscar x

Lorenza said...

Hi, Stanley.
Nice to meet you!
What a toy your mom got for you!
Looks like you are having lots of fun.
I hope Zevon finds his forever home soon. In the midtime enjoy with him!
Have a nice day
Besos
Lorenza

Balboa said...

Congratulations on your foster brother. Looks like you too are having a great time.

I'm gonna add you to my dog link list.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Tadpole said...

Manly Stanley, that is the most awesome toy in the history of awesomest toys ever! I wish my girl would get me one! Maybe one a little smaller, though....

Peanut said...

You and your mom rock for taking in zz until he gets his forever home

PreciOus said...

Hi Stanley!

A toy that fights back. How cool is that? VERY COOL! *Grinz*

Snuggle,
Precious

Frasier said...

All I get is my aunt Jezebel!Who is a pain in the somewhere !
Frasier

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Stanley,

Would you like to be my boy toy?

xxx Asta down under

Finnegan said...

It looks like you had a great time! WHOOHOO!

Woofs,
Finny

Asta said...

How lucky for ZZ to be able to come to Gooberstan, while he finds his furever home. Your Mommi is awfully nice to bring him for you, looks like you play awfully well, I love your moves, that roll and dip is especially terrierific..have fun with your new pal
smoochie kisses
Asta