Always In Our Hearts

Monday, October 1, 2007

Fall Aire AffAire

For those of you pups and hammies who have been wondering where I am... Yes. I'm still here.



My girl and I have been gone for most of the weekend because of the fall fundraiser for Airedale Rescue ~ the Fall Aire AffAire. It was held yesterday, but my girl has been running around helping with last minute details for the last few days, and I'm ready for her to be home.



For the Aire AffAire we all met out at this big park. There was a picnic (thanks to all and sundry who snuck me hot dog pieces), silent & live auctions, and a few dog games. The main thing for me was the chance to see some of my Airebuds.




Here's Hercules (in the back) and I getting his dad all tied up in knots.








My girl was so caught up in spending her money and talking with the hoomans that I finally gnabbed the camera myself and made the rounds. Here's my buddy, Seger, looking all fit and ready for action. (He's the friend who was bitten by the copperhead at the beginning of the summer).






This is Sassy Bug, one of my fave Airegirls!






Here's Miss Loretta, another of my fave Airegirls. She is one sharp cookie ~ really knows how to accessorize. Do you like her Wilma Flintstone pearls?






Lorretta's so stinkin' cute I had to get in one more photo. (The pup in the back refused to give his name, so no photo credit for him).








This here is Sandy, a new fave Airegirl of mine. She was just adopted and met her new mama the day before the Aire AffAire. Isn't she a beauty? Her back right leg was injured when she was a wee puplet, and noone got any medical attention for her, so her knee joint fused together. Her hips are good, but she looks a little bit like a pirate with a peg leg when she walks. It doesn't slow her down a bit.






This is Heidi, another fave Airegirl. She has the softest ears... so I hear.







Here is a photograph of a very rare Airedale indeed ~ the Oreo Airedale. This particular Oreo Dale looks very similar to a Newfie Boy I've heard about, named Tank. He's the brother of Princess, from the Newfs of Hazard. A few folks actually believed our explanation about him being an Oreo Airedale. (Gullible hoomans). He was the hit of the Aire AffAire, though it seemed most of us male dales got a little territorial with such a big boy in our midst. No bloodshed. Just a little macho posturing. That's all.






And here is an actual rare type of Airedale ~ a black Airedale named Trina. She's a little over 3 years old, and until a few weeks ago, had never been around hoomans. She used to live on a breeding farm and spent most of her life in a cage, and is now living in a foster home with 2 other dales and a couple of crazy hoomans. She loves other pups and gets along great with them, but is still very shy and tentative around people. She's started letting hoomans pet her & scritch her ears and booty. She too, is now one of my fave Airegirls!



Here's a side shot of the Ebony Princess (as I like to call her).





I couldn't leave without giving you a close up of Trina the Ebony Princess' face. She's a real sweetpea!



Okay. Okay. So I have a few favorite Airegirls. Can you blame me? The male Dale population at the event is sorely under-represented here. My apologies to all of you.




I won't go into any details here (because I don't know any yet), but we had a heap of Airedales and other pups there, we raised some money for rescue, we got to play some silly games (one involved my girl putting a pair of boxer briefs on me and making me run in a relay... don't ask), and I got hot dogs. Not a bad day, all in all.




Hope all you pups and hammies had a great weekend.



Love,
Stanley





37 comments:

Suki & Joey said...

Oh, wow, what a great time! I bet you're gonna be sleeping all day, huh? :)

I'm glad you and your girl helped raise lots of $ for some needy Dales. You two do so much for rescue, it's great!

Oh, and stop by to see Joey, ok? He's pawsome!

Puggy kisses
Suki

Lorenza said...

Hi, Stan
Sure you had a great day among all your girlfriends!
All they are beautiful! I am using my imagination to see you in those boxers!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Stannie, Trina is super cute! I hope she gets a great forever home. You have as many favourite airegirls as I have doggie boys. They call me Flirtador, but they will probably just call you Stan the Man!

You're in the band! Did you see? I figure, you'll come with a built in fan club too. Woo hoo!

xo
SB

P.S. next time you see the airegirls, can you find out where I can get some of those Wilma Flintstone pearls? I'm going for that alt country look these days, and I think the pearls would be perfect!

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Stanny...you sound like you and your girl have been super busy. What a fun time!!! And Trina - wow a black airegirl...she is bootiful! Oh and I think Heidi's ears are super cute.

Hope you have some time to unwind today! Lots of Licks, Ruby

Lenny said...

Hi Stan! Looks like you had a great time and did a lot of good for Airedales! I didn't know Airedales could be black. Very cool. Your blog is entertaining AND educational!

Your friend, Lenny

Faya said...

Are you some kind of Don Juan or Casanova ? Hummmm.....
I am proud to have a brother like you who is doing so much to help others airedales.....
Kisses, Faya

Frasier said...

Stanley,
Your ebony princess is beautiful.
Between you and Pippa I wonder if there are any women for the other dogs !Casanova doggies!
Frasier

Molly the Airedale said...

More girlfrens, huh Stanley?! You're one lucky guy!
What a fun event! I can't wait to go to our Barktoberfest in a couple of weeks!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Clover said...

Hi Stanley!!
Sounds like a great time you had!! I was at a pug pawty this weekend, myself! And I thought I saw YOU there. But now I know for sure that it wasn't you, since you were at your own pawty!
Love Clover xo

Asta said...

Stanley
The event looks like it was tons of aiwefun! So many bootiful Aiwegiwls..you must have been in Goobew heaven! I hope Trina gets a fuwwevew home and that all the money you helped waise will help many many aiwekids!
You'we wight about my diagnoses..it was wong..it is withdwawel fwom my Goob that made my immune system weak..and Mommi looked at the tube, indeed it is Goob cweam..so I should be fine in a few days!
I missed you! I hope none of those gowgeous aiwegiwls stole my pawt of youw heawt.
smoochie kisses youw FB
sweatpea,Asta

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wow, what a day out! I bet you were exhausted after schmoozing with all those lovely ladies.

Stop by Oscar's blog, we have BIG news!

Katy xxx

Mojo, Digger and family said...

sounds like a wonderful day. That black airedale girl looks stunning. I'm afraid to show my Dad in case he trades me in for her.
As for those super fluffy ears! wow, I just want to snuffle in them.

big hug
Mojo

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Oh, Stanley! Why do you hide the truth of your greatness! Admire-ers of the Goob, trot on over to my blog for the truth of how majestic and powerful Stanley is! While Stanley loves helping less fortunate Airedoggies, Behind the scenes was a whole different story...

Lizzy said...

You must have really had a great day, eh? All those girls... ahhh...

Sparky

Unknown said...

It is so hard to tell any of you Aires apart. You are the most handsome though. (P.S. I don't mean that in a weird way or anything)

Jessica said...

We loved all those photos of your friends.....you have a lot of friends!! That says a lot about you Stanley. And hey, we don't blame you for gravitating towards the girls.

Great day you had!!

Love, Seadra and Zoe

Noah the Airedale said...

That's a great cause Stanley. Sounds like your girl was really busy.
That poor black dale Trina. How sad spending her previous life in a cage. That's too cruel.
Like the camera action to by the way. Well done.

Noah and the gals

Bogart H. Devil said...

Super fun-o-rama happy times... gorgeous Dales and Dale-wannabees, and that black Aire-girl is gawgeous!!!

Looks like a fun day, glad you were able to raise some $$$ for the Dales!!!

Love,
Bogart

Joe Stains said...

STanley you know LOTS of fine ladies! I like that black one the best because she is rare and wonderful, kind of like me!!

Moco said...

What a great day. I hope you have a picture of those boxers.

Emily and Ike said...

You have soo many aire-girlfriends! And by girlfriends, I mean friends who are girls, right?
I was starting to worry about you - I'm glad you're back!
Ike

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh there sure are many pretty airedale girls there Stanley. I bet you had a pawsome time there


~ Girl girl

Kirby said...

Stanley,

We are huge fans of ATRA! My grandma and grandpa have adopted three dogs through them over the years. They only have one ATRA Airedale left, Spencer, he was rescued up in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Don't know how anyone could have let him go. Now my g-ma and g-pa are part of the transport an airedale team. I'm so glad that you and your girl had such a good time at the Fall Aire AffAire. And I'm happy money was spent on such a good cause! Now, if I could get my mom to adopt an Airedale from ATRA instead of browsing the available dogs site all the time. P.S. Love those Aire girls too!!!

Kirby

Agatha and Archie said...

Stan our main man, What an affair!! A black Airedale...who knew???And the picture of Loretta laughing with friend is too funny!!PL2 is jealous as she + PL1 always wanted an Airepup,but thought where they lived was too small so they got a welshie( a mini version) and then they got us( seems to be getting further away!!!)Ah well she will dream on through you our main man...Love A+A

Scrappy and Pebbles said...

Stanley you did a great job taking those girly pictures. That black one is adorable.

Scrappy and Pebbles

Kien said...

wow wow.. Stanley..u seems like having so much fun n way too busy mixing around with those girls!... but they are all so cute n pretty!... can introduce some to me?.. hehehe

Cheers
Rossi

Amber-Mae said...

Ooo, I've never met a black Airedale before but she's a cutie! You got a lot of Aire girlfriends Stanley...They are soo lucky to have you, hehe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Stanley,
Ok you are a Aire-sanova indeed... Trina is a real beauty and the Oreo Airedale looks yummy... (hiak hiak... I cannot believe someone actually believed the trick you played!)

Simba and Jazzi said...

What a lot of doggies. Looks like you all had a good time.

Simba xx

Ferndoggle said...

Sounds like a great day for a great cause! You really spread that Stanny love around...so many girls, so little time.

Lola

Luckie Girl said...

Hi Stan,
You sure have some lovely friends. :) Thank you for your kind thoughts. My Mom and I appreciate it lots.

Jen and Suki said...

That black airegirl is really cool! I never knew Airedales came in black. Kind of like the great Pug! It's too bad about her past, but her new fam sounds great.

Good job raising the funds. I'm sure your charm and good looks helped a lot.

Koobuss said...

That was a wonderful day, Stan, being around all those dales and other dogs. What a great event! I feel so sorry for Sandy and Trina. Dogs are just so wonderful! It makes me cry when hoomans are mean to us.

Stan, do you really have all those girlfriends? Plus all your girlfriends here? You are real handsome, Stan, and I know why they all like you. I had a crush on you, too, when I was little.

Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Sadie-n-Boatie said...

Stanley, thanks for visiting us! Our hoomans call us goobers, too. We loved the pics of all the rescue dales, specially the all black girl. Boatey is almost all black, and went into rescue 'cuz her puppies didn't come out black enough!!

ruff ruff,
Sadie-n-boatey

Veronica said...

Very cool! Ebony is gorgeous!!! I'm glad you do good work to help other Dales.

Woofs,
Finny (via his mama)

wally said...

Stan--You are a total playa! Well done! So long as you save a few GooberSmooches for me (are they an infinitely renewable resource?) I've never seen a black Airedale before--cool!

wally.

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

So Stan